Translate

Sunday, August 6, 2017

Close to 200 Days in Detention :Justice Ayah Paul Reflects On His Plight...

Justice Ayah Paul  Abine (now retired )
   
Justice Ayah Paul Abine, recently retired from Cameroon Civil Service,was arrested last January 21, and has since then been detained at SED Yaounde reportedly without  any charge.  At the time of  his arrest from his home in Yaounde, the rights activist, was the Deputy Advocate-General of the Supreme Court of Cameroon.
His arrest followed that of Barrister Agbor Balla and Dr. Fontem Neba,leaders of the Anglophone Consortium that coordinated the mass protests against  the Biya Government for marginalizing Anglophones,which led to what toady known as the on-going Anglophone Crisis.

Below  IS  A MESSAGE FROM AYAH PAUL ABINE... 

"IT WILL SOON BE 200! 200 days since I was kidnapped by armed unidentified men on orders from above. 200 days in captivity, held hostage on no charge. 200 days with a failing health situation characterised by multiple cardiac attacks. 200 days under diverse forms of torture inflicted unto meFOR NO JUST GROUNDS. But my morale is exceedingly high, as I keep holding the fort, and will so do TILL THE END, with integrity, in all truth and honesty and above all, WITHIN THE LAW.
I am held hostage not because I have stolen, nor killed nor broken the law. I am held hostage because I am 'anglophone', born west of the mungo, a place wherein all its indigenes who stand for truth are tagged as terrorists. Not even my status mattered, nor the law which protects me. From that area wherein we hail, the law is secondary, anarchy is paramount.
To Parents, I say: Love your kids with all your hearts; for no one can love them better/more than you do; not even the self proclaimed righteous. Teach them truth, hardwork, integrity an honesty. Above all, delete the virus of greed and selfishness in them from the outset, and inculcate in them the value of the common good/general interest. If you so do, they will grow up to be pillars of tomorrow with a profound understanding of the value of sacrifice, the love for the other and true patriotism.
To detainees: I feel what you feel for I am in this mess with you all. I wish I could take your place and carry the cross for all. For I have lived my life, full of sacrifices for the general interest with NO REGRETS. But at any thought of you all, my heart bleeds vis-a-vis the unjust torments you undergo, you the young leaders of tomorrow. Oh, how your families miss you dearly; how much your kids/wives/kindred have missed your warmth, protection and security, for months. I pray for you all daily, hoping in confidence that the Most High incurruptible judge will grant you all HIS divine and incurruptible justice at HIS appointed time; FOR HIS TIMING IS PERFECT. May HE keep renewing the ressources and the strength of your families, well wishers, aids and sympathisers, as they share your cross.
To Cameroonians in general: Words cannot express how satisified I am for the immense assistance you have offered me and my entire family all through and counting. The spiritual, material, legal, physical and moral assistance has been immense. I never expected this pinnacle of solidarity, even from 'enemies' who have dropped their slash harmmer and employed their encircling sheild around my family and myself. Someday, when the good Lord so chooses, I will honour you all in a special way, especially the families of fallen victim of the ungoing crisis. I hear their voices daily, whispering words of wisdom and encouragement to my spirit. At the appointed time, i will honour them.
To the authorities that be: You know what ought to be done, which would have been timely done to save the '9 stictches now required' to arrest the bleeding wounds. May it be done in the interest of peace and while there are still openings for such to occur.
Universal children of the Most High, We will meet again, even very soon, when the good Lord elects it to be so. MAY PEACE REIGN IN AND AROUND YOU ALL UNDER THE COUNSEL OF THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE GOD"

No comments:

SEARCH THIS SITE